FOLLOW IN THE WAKE OF JEROME K JEROME AT THE DOG & BADGER
2017 marks 90 years since the death of novelist Jerome K Jerome, most famous for his Three Men in a Boat comic novel, detailing his adventures whilst travelling up the Thames with two friends. Now, guests at The Dog & Badger, where Jerome once lived, are able to recreate a section of the author’s journey, albeit with a touch more luxury with our Three Men in a Boat package.
- Enjoy a skippered four-hour journey upriver to Henley-on-Thames in a beautiful classic-style Pegiva motor launch.
- Tuck into a delicious picnic prepared by the head chef.
- Visit the town’s River & Rowing Museum where the Wind in the Willows exhibition provides an additional literary draw.
- Return to The Dog & Badger for a four-course dinner prepared by head chef David Hawkins. Using local produce, plus ingredients from the restaurant’s own kitchen garden, the menu will showcase the very best that the region’s food has to offer.
- Retire to one of the six luxurious rooms (each named after a gin botanical), where you will enjoy all the trappings of a luxury boutique hotel, from king-size beds with high thread counts to individually controlled air conditioning, Nespresso coffee machines, private steam rooms, and bathrooms with under-floor heating and fluffy robes. For those still after a nautical treat, each room also features a mini-bar designed to replicate the shape of a Riva speedboat hull – the perfect end to a boating-themed day.
Price: A one night Three Men in a Boat package for four guests in two rooms costs £850 (or £213pp based on four sharing), including breakfast, four-course dinner, bottle of champagne in the room on arrival, four hour boat trip with skipper and picnic lunch.
Alternatively the package above, without the picnic and with a shorter one hour boat trip, costs £690 (or £173pp based on four sharing).
Please call us on 01491 579944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Three Men and a Boat’ package.